Sacrament of Baptism
Portuguese: First Saturday of the Month at 11:00 AM
Spanish: Second Saturday of the Month at 11:00 AM
English: Third Saturday of the Month at 11:00 AM
Parents wishing to have their child baptized are requested to contact Fr. Juan Carlos Velasquez at (201) 991-1116 ext. 20. Only parents of the child can request for Baptism. We will not accept requests from grandparents, godparents, or other relatives, or friends.
The Baptism Class will be scheduled by the priest or deacon. All parents and godparents must be present or have obtained a letter of attendance of a baptism class from their parish.
Children over the age of 7 years old must be registered for RCIC. Please contact Faith Formation Director at (201) 991-1116 ext. 15.
Godparents are an important part of the celebration of Baptism, as well as the role they accept in being a model of faith for your child. The decision to ask someone to be a Godparent for your child is an important one because of the ministry they are called to in the life of your child and in the life of the Church. It is not an opportunity to honor some one or to make others happy, it is the chance to choose someone who can give your child a living example of faith and to help you in the religious education and faith formation of your child. Therefore, the people you choose to be the Godparents of your child must fulfill the following requirements:
- They are a registered, actively participating members of a Roman Catholic Parish for at least six (6) months.
- They must be 16 years of age and older.
- They must have celebrated Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation in the Church.
- Their marriage (if married) must have been celebrated in accordance with the sacramental norms and canon law of the Church, i.e. they must be married in the Roman Catholic Church, not just a civil marriage.
- They must be living out their faith through regular participation at the Sunday Eucharist, living a life in accord with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, especially in regards to faith, morals, and charity.
- These requirements are the law of the Church and must be fulfilled by the Godparent. The Godparent must have the proper eligibility form filled out and signed by their parish priest.
There are NO Baptisms during Lent. Please feel free to contact one of our priests if you have any questions.
Los Padrinos son una parte muy importante en la celebración del bautismo, y el papel que contraen es el de aceptan ser un modelo de fe para el niño. La decisión para pedir que alguien sea un Padrino para su niño es importante debido al papel que los padrinos desempeñan en al vida de su niño y en el vida de la iglesia. No es una oportunidad de buscar a alguien que tenga dinero, más bien es la ocasión de elegir a alguien que pueda dar ejemplo vivo de la fé y ayudar al niño en la formación de la educación religiosa y de la fé. Por lo tanto, la gente que usted elige para ser padrinos de su niños debe satisfacer los requisitos siguientes:
- Son miembros registrados y participantes activos de una Parroquia Católica durante por lo menos seis (6) meses.
- Tienen 16 años de la edad.
- Tienen que ser bautizados, y tener la primera comunión y confirmación en al iglesia católica
- Su unión (si esta casado) se debe haber celebrado de acuerdo con las normas y la ley sacramentales del canon de la iglesia.
- Tienen que vivir su fé con la participación regular en la misa de cada domingo, viviendo una vida de acuerdo con las ensenanzas de la iglesia catolica, especialmente en respetar la fé, moral y la caridad.
NO hay Bautismos durante la Cuaresma. Favor de comunicarse con uno de nuestros sacerdotes si tiene alguna pregunta.
Sacrament of Marriage
Congratulations to all engages couples!! Please contact a parish priest one year before the desired date for the marriage to ensure proper preparation for the Sacrament.
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Saturday at 4PM.
Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick
Please call the Parish Center office at (201) 991-1116. If the infirm person is in the hospital, please ask the nurse to contact the Hospital Chaplain first.
RCIA in English, Portuguese and Spanish: Please contact the Parish Center office for information.
RCIA- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults
If you are a Catholic over the age of 18, and you have not received the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Holy Communion or Confirmation), you are invited to join our RCIA process.
If you are a non-Catholic adult and are interested in learning more about the Catholic Faith, you are also cordially invited to join our RCIA process without obligation of any kind. Please contact the Parish Center office for information.
RCIA in Spanish for Adults is held on Sundays at 10:30 AM in the Parish Center.